We are Porter, a progressive venture from the One Workplace family headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We're here to create thoughtful human-centered spaces that foster meaningful relationships through collaborative design so that employees can work their best. We've worked with leading global and local companies to transform and design spaces to promote productivity and creativity. We are driven by radical hospitality, the act of going beyond what is required to add sincerity and integrity to all our work.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing marketing and communication strategies to support the Porter business and brand. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing digital and printed client-facing marketing materials, advertising, event management, and corporate social media campaigns. The Marketing Manager is a highly collaborative, creative, and diverse position that requires strong attention to detail, design acumen, creativity, and copywriting abilities.
The Marketing Manager at Porter will have a passion for furniture, storytelling, design, and delighting/inspiring customers through well-designed materials, content, and creative events. The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
- Working closely with the VP, Sales and Marketing to define a content strategy that aligns with the company's strategic goals.
- Ensures effective on-brand messaging for inclusion on the company website, print communication, and advertising.
- Creation and execution of a content marketing calendar and regular posting to the website, blog and social throughout the year.
- Establishes marketing project schedules (workstreams, milestones, and deliverables) and manages progress to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Project managing writers, designers, and internal team members for full scale content production.
- Manages creation of social media posts, email marketing assets, print materials, and packaging.
- Assistance writing or editing copy on an ad hoc basis. Participate in Porter copywriting exercises to support bid materials, business development marketing collateral, and digital media.
- Develops sales and marketing collateral materials, including presentations, white papers, RFPs, brochures, feature/product sheets, newsletters, case studies, and other collateral to support sales and internal partners.
- Assists with/plans and project manages RFP responses and client presentations.
- Plans and executes corporate events.
- Coordinates work with outside marketing vendors.
- Work with graphic designers to manage the design & execution of in-store graphics for the retail environment, including but not limited to point of sale, outdoor advertising, window graphics & signage, ticketing, and other printed & digital graphical elements to support the brand communication of the Porter Shop.
- Assist in the creation and execution of various hosting opportunities and event planning in The Shop varying in size, scale, audience, and complexity of logistics & coordination.
- A Porter culture ambassador- manages internal communications and brand alignment activities.
- Bachelor's/Associates degree preferred in business, marketing, or communications
- 3+years of work experience, preferably in marketing
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, Publisher, with a basic understanding of website development tools.
Experience managing various social media platforms, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Experience managing online and in-person event logistics.
- Proven ability to execute multiple projects amid changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while delivering superior results within given deadlines
- Works well with internal and external teams to accomplish project objectives
- Excellent communication skills. You are highly articulate with an excellent command of written English
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, processes, and team contributions
- Commitment to continuous learning
- A self-starter who can brainstorm creative ideas and execute on them
- Strong project management skills
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment, but occasionally requires travel. There will be some evening and weekend events. Moderate physical activity required. This position will routinely have to move and lift up to 10 pounds and on an occasional basis lift up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: VP of Sales and Marketing